1st Annual Loony Golf
Winter Golf Event
Saturday, February 24, 2024
Registration and Check-In: 9 am – 1 pm
At both Long Lake Lutheran Church and Back to Captains on Long Lake
Due to ice conditions, Loony Golf will be held at
Long Lake Lutheran Church
on the corner of Hwy 47 and 277 th Street NW
Have Fun - Be Loony!
Wear a costume or PJ’s and create a FUN team name.
Bring a golf club, hockey stick, or anything to hit a tennis ball!
Golfers Registered by February 17 will be entered into a special drawing!
On-site Registration also available at both Long Lake Lutheran Church and Back to Captains starting at 9:00 am.
$15 per player (1 child 10 and under FREE with each paid adult)
Price includes tennis ball, scorecard, and a loony backpack to hold all your goodies.
Teams of 4 to 6 players
General Tee Times: 10 am or 12:30 pm (specific times assigned at check-in)
- This event is on Long Lake in Isanti County – outside the SW landing. If severe weather or other problems cause a cancellation, the event will not be re-scheduled.
- We will post parking signs onsite. Golfers must park in designated areas.
- The course consists of nine holes set up like mini golf. Hole Sponsors welcome you to each hole. Linger a little at each hole but keep moving so everyone gets to play.
- Teams consist of 4-6 people. If you register with less than 4 golfers, we may ask you to join another team to fill a team slot.
- Teams can pre-register at longlakeisanti.org. Pre-registered golfers will be eligible for a special drawing. Teams can register on the day of the event starting at 9:00 am at Back to Captain’s on Long Lake in Isanti.
- To register you must have a team contact, contact information, the names of each golfer and each child under ten. Choose either an AM or PM general start time and get a specific tee time assigned upon arrival.
- Event fee is $15 per golfer. One child ten years old and under is free with one paid adult. A tag will be issued to all golfers who must always keep the tag visible.
- Golfers must bring a hockey stick or golf club or something to hit the tennis ball.
- Each team must check in at the registration table at “Back to Captains” starting at 9:00 am on the day of the event. Each golfer must sign a waiver of liability. Each team will get a specific tee time. Each golfer will get a tennis ball, scorecard, and raffle ticket.
- Raffles will be ongoing throughout the day of the event. You DO NOT need to be present to win any of the raffle items. All raffle tickets include contact information.
- An Event Tent will host a free Hot Cocoa Bar, Raffles, games, Fun Loony merchandise, contests, continual drawings, special items for the kids, and photo opportunities.
- This event will follow all laws of the State of Minnesota.
- Participants are always responsible for their own safety, actions, and property.
- The LLIA asks that golfers help us in our efforts to protect the lake. We do not allow glass containers. Remove garbage when you leave. Garbage containers are available onsite.
The LLIA or individuals volunteering with this event are NOT responsible for any unsafe ice conditions. All risks taken are solely those of the participants, guests and families attending this event.